Investigating Crime in Scottsdale and Phoenix Metro Neighborhoods
Search Sex Offenders by Address
Scottsdale Neighborhood Crime Maps
The city of Scottsdale provides a Community Crime Map by LexisNexis that allows one to enter the city or a specific address. As I browsed the map, I saw so many different types of crime, which was a bit confusing.
Fortunately, I have never had reason to understand the differences between theft, burglary, and robbery, but it got me wondering. According to Wikipedia the definitions are as follows:
- Theft is taking something that doesn’t belong to you.
- Burglary is an unlawful entry into a building with the purpose of committing an offence.
- Robbery is taking or attempting to take property from a person by force or threat of force.
Another Crime Map Option
Another good neighborhood crime map is Spotcrime.com. Their website says they aggregate data from police departments and verified news reports and map crime incidents on Google Maps. The service is free, but one is required to sign up for an account.
These two crime maps can be used for Scottsdale as well as any other Phoenix Metro City or neighborhood.
News from NAR - National Association of Realtors
- 13 Months Later, Where Do Mortgages Stand?
According to the Snapshot on Race and Home Buying in America, which uses Census ACS data, the homeownership rate for Black Americans is 42%, Hispanic Americans 48.1%, Asian Americans 60.7%, and White Americans 69.8%.
- Instant Reaction: Consumer Price Index, April 13, 2021
Over the last 12 months, the inflation rate rose 2.6%, compared to 1.7% in February and 1.4% in January, respectively.
- Tracking Jobless Claims by State: Week Ending April 3, 2021
The economy added nearly one million jobs in March, 2021, the fastest acceleration since August, 2020. Although the economy is creating jobs, layoffs are still happening.
- Housing Affordability Falls in February as Home Price Growth Surges
Affordability declined in February compared to January as the median family income rose by 3.5% while the monthly mortgage payment increased 5%.