Investigating Crime in Scottsdale and Phoenix Metro Neighborhoods
Search Sex Offenders by Address
Scottsdale Neighborhood Crime Maps
The city of Scottsdale provides a Community Crime Map by LexisNexis that allows one to enter the city or a specific address. As I browsed the map, I saw so many different types of crime, which was a bit confusing.
Fortunately, I have never had reason to understand the differences between theft, burglary, and robbery, but it got me wondering. According to Wikipedia the definitions are as follows:
- Theft is taking something that doesn’t belong to you.
- Burglary is an unlawful entry into a building with the purpose of committing an offence.
- Robbery is taking or attempting to take property from a person by force or threat of force.
Another Crime Map Option
Another good neighborhood crime map is Spotcrime.com. Their website says they aggregate data from police departments and verified news reports and map crime incidents on Google Maps. The service is free, but one is required to sign up for an account.
These two crime maps can be used for Scottsdale as well as any other Phoenix Metro City or neighborhood.
News from NAR - National Association of Realtors
- Renter Households Not Caught Up on Rent Need Rental Assistance
The eviction moratorium is slated to expire on June 30, 2021, but many renters are still struggling to pay rent, and need rental assistance of at least $3.4 billion to avoid potential eviction.
- April 2021 Existing and Pending Home Sales
Median home prices were up 19% from April 2020. However, home sales fell for the 3rd straight month, running at a 5.85 million annualized pace in April. Lack of inventory is holding back sales potential.
- Instant Reaction: Mortgage Rates, June 10, 2021
Mortgage rates dropped this week to 2.96% from 2.99% the previous week, following the trend of the 10-year Treasury yield. NAR forecasts mortgage rates to average 3.2% in 2021.
- Instant Reaction: Consumer Price Index, June 10, 2021
Inflation rose more than expected in May to the fastest pace since 2008. Over the last 12 months, inflation rate rose 5.0%, compared to 4.2% in April and 2.6% in March, respectively.