Scottsdale and Phoenix Metro Real Estate Updates – August 2018
Real Estate Statistics Released for Scottsdale and Phoenix Real Estate Markets – August 2018
ARMLS (Arizona Regional Multiple Listing Service) releases two monthly reports that are released mid month for the previous month. These reports were released on Sept 18 2018.
- STAT – a market wide residential report released mid-month with data from the previous month. Hence this September report is for the August 2018 real estate statistics.
- Rent Check – monthly publication showcasing the Valley’s residential single family leasing market.
- Median Sales Price – This means exactly half the homes are listed above this price and exactly half are listed below this price.
- Average Sales Price – The average sales price is arrived at by dividing the sales volume by the number of sales. The difficulty with this figure is that it is easily skewed by exorbitantly high or low prices. This is evidenced by the lowest single family sale in Phoenix for the month of August which was $195 – clearly a typo.
Takeaways From The Commentary
In spite of the negative national headlines, Phoenix Metro real estate market is faring better than the rest of the nation. Here are the real estate takeaway gems for August:
- Sales volume has increased year over year since January 2015.
- The decrease in sales is SEASONAL and happens every year.
- 2018 sales are 2.53% ahead of 2017.
News from NAR - National Association of Realtors
Infographic: 2019 President's Day
on February 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm
In time for President’s Day, this infographic takes data from the 2018 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers to look at how the typical home differs from the White House. […]
Infographic: Homebuyer Households for Valentine’s Day
on February 13, 2019 at 6:26 pm
For Valentine's Day, this infographic takes data from the 2018 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers to break down household composition and the relationships it has on home purchasing choices. […]
Metro Home Prices Jump 4 Percent in 2018’s Fourth Quarter
on February 12, 2019 at 2:38 pm
Lawrence Yun, NAR chief economist, says in light of the various hurdles for 2018, the close of the fourth quarter was promising. […]
Video: Who are REALTORS®? A Look at NAR Members Through 2018 Member Surveys
on February 5, 2019 at 4:49 pm
This short video takes a look at the demographics of a typical REALTOR®, as well as specialties, sources of business, membership on real estate teams, and ways in which REALTORS® participate in and give back to their communities.&nbs […]