Scottsdale and Phoenix Metro Real Estate Updates – August 2018
Real Estate Statistics Released for Scottsdale and Phoenix Real Estate Markets – August 2018
ARMLS (Arizona Regional Multiple Listing Service) releases two monthly reports that are released mid month for the previous month. These reports were released on Sept 18 2018.
- STAT – a market wide residential report released mid-month with data from the previous month. Hence this September report is for the August 2018 real estate statistics.
- Rent Check – monthly publication showcasing the Valley’s residential single family leasing market.
- Median Sales Price – This means exactly half the homes are listed above this price and exactly half are listed below this price.
- Average Sales Price – The average sales price is arrived at by dividing the sales volume by the number of sales. The difficulty with this figure is that it is easily skewed by exorbitantly high or low prices. This is evidenced by the lowest single family sale in Phoenix for the month of August which was $195 – clearly a typo.
Takeaways From The Commentary
In spite of the negative national headlines, Phoenix Metro real estate market is faring better than the rest of the nation. Here are the real estate takeaway gems for August:
- Sales volume has increased year over year since January 2015.
- The decrease in sales is SEASONAL and happens every year.
- 2018 sales are 2.53% ahead of 2017.
News from NAR - National Association of Realtors
Infographic: Foot Traffic for May 2019
on June 25, 2019 at 6:48 pm
The foot traffic index increased 2.7 points in May from April. […]
REALTORS® Confidence Index Survey: May 2019 Highlights
on June 25, 2019 at 3:44 pm
Eighty-two percent of respondents reported that home prices remained constant or rose in May 2019 compared to levels one year ago (88 percent in May 2018). […]
May 2019 Existing-Home Sales
on June 21, 2019 at 7:03 pm
Housing market activity this May bounced back and rose 2.5% from April 2019, although May’s sales of existing homes fell 1.1% from May 2018. […]
Existing-Home Sales Ascend 2.5% in May
on June 21, 2019 at 1:26 pm
Existing-home sales rebounded in May, recording an increase in sales for the first time in two months. […]