Trends At A Glance
If you are thinking about selling your home in 2017, it is probably a wise idea to consider what home renovations, if any, you should make. Take a look at the Houzz home renovation trends survey
and then consult with a professional Realtor® to decide if you should make any home renovations or improvements before selling.
Here are some very interesting takeaways from the survey:
- Home buyers prioritize improving design and function more than increasing resale value.
- One in eight home renovators in 2016 also purchased a home in 2016.
- Home buyers between the ages of 45-64 have the largest share of renovations.
- Home buyers are renovating an average of 3.4 to 3.7 rooms.
- For a home between 1500-1999 square feet, first-time homeowners spent an average of $23,500 as
compared with $46,500 for a repeat home buyer.
- Home buyers who are Baby boomers are spending approximately three times more than Millennial home buyers.
The Houzz report has thirty-two pages of interesting trivia and charts pertaining to current trends relating to home renovations and home buyers. Every home and neighborhood is different so making the decision about whether you should make any home renovations or improvements before you sell your home, is one that is best made with a trusted real estate professional. Read the full report here
Schedule a consultation with Melissa.